At 100 Days, POTUS Can Tout Billions in Colorado Relief, Colorado Getting Back on Track
Denver, CO — This evening, President Joe Biden will make his first primetime address to a joint gathering of Congress, marking his first 100 days as President, and all the accomplishments Democrats have delivered for the American people.
A lot of stories have been written about how the American Rescue Plan has helped struggling Coloradans. Here’s how this popular legislation — thanks in large part to Senator Michael Bennet’s American Family Act — is supporting Colorado.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Economic impact payments of up to $1,400 per person for more than 3,365,700 adults and 1,364,600 children. This is 82% of all adults in the state and 81% of all children in the state.
- Additional relief of up to $1,600 per child through the Child Tax Credit to the families of 1,109,000 children, lifting 57,000 children out of poverty
- Additional relief of up to nearly $1,000 through the Earned Income Tax Credit to 299,000 childless workers, including many in frontline jobs
- $3.926 billion in state fiscal relief
- $2.088 billion in local fiscal relief
- More than $1.211 billion in relief for K-12 schools
Halisi Vinson, Executive Director of the Colorado Democratic Party:
“Colorado is getting back on track, and that’s thanks to the leadership of President Biden, Governor Polis, and Democrats in the state legislature and in Congress — with zero thanks to Congressional Republicans. For the past four years, Washington under Republican rule was laser-focused on making the rich richer and big corporations bigger, all while dragging its feet on meaningful help for working people. In just 100 days, President Biden has led an all hands on deck effort to get our communities healthier and economically recovered, all with a sense of urgency that was absent from the previous administration.
“Here in Colorado, our schools are receiving billions to get kids back in school safely, our small businesses are getting the support they need to reopen and stay open, joblessness is falling, and Colorado families are getting badly-needed relief. Make no mistake though, there’s still a lot of work to be done, and I am confident that tonight, we’ll hear a clear vision from President Biden on how he will continue to lead our state and our country back in the right direction — even if Republicans continue to sit on their hands and refuse to do anything to help their constituents.”
- “Biggest drop for new Colorado jobless claims in 2021“. Colorado Politics, April 22, 2021.
- “Colorado Schools Receive Billions Of Dollars In COVID Relief Funding“. CBS Denver, April 21, 2021.
- “More funding available to restaurants through the Small Business Administration“. Summit Daily, April 27, 2021.
- “Colorado’s Local Governments Are Flush With COVID Aid Money — Now They Just Have To Decide How To Spend It“. CPR News, April 19, 2021
- “Here’s how much money Pueblo schools will receive from the American Rescue Plan“. Pueblo Chieftain, April 9, 2021.
- “Local governments will reap millions of dollars from American Rescue Plan“. The Aspen Times, April 6, 2021.
- “Local community health centers to receive millions in American Rescue Plan funding“. KRDO, March 29, 2021.
- “Larimer County to receive $69 million from American Rescue Plan, $9.5 million of it going directly to Loveland“. Loveland Reporter-Herald, March 17, 2021.
- “In Denver, Vice President Kamala Harris Spreads Word About COVID Relief Plan To Colorado Small Business Owners“. CBS Denver, March 16, 2021
- “Sen. Michael Bennet Secures $100 Billion In Child Tax Credits To Help Lift Families Out Of Poverty“. CBS Denver, March 13, 2021.