Gardner Fundraises For Neville, “Most Aggressively Partisan Opponent of Governor Polis” Who Compared Public Health Orders to “Gestapo”
Gardner’s Fundraising Contradicts Public Talking Points
Denver, CO – A new report reveals that Senator Cory Gardner headlined a fundraiser for the outspoken opponent of public health orders and Governor Polis, House Minority Leader Neville, at the same time he was claiming that Colorado should be listening to public health experts. Neville, who claimed that “COVID-19 pandemic is a dream come true for Polis and the Democrats,“ has been at the forefront of protests against public health orders — even dining at a restaurant that made national headlines for reopening in contravention of the governor’s public health order.
The fundraiser was for Neville’s Republican campaign arm, which has been raising money by claiming that Polis and Democrats are using the pandemic to “control our lives” and also supported the failed attempt to recall Polis last summer.
Here are just a few of Neville’s controversial anti-science opinions and actions that Gardner needs to answer for:
- Compared public health orders to the Gestapo of Nazi Germany.
- Claimed masks “don’t accomplish anything,” while research suggests that surgical mask use can reduce coronavirus spread by 75 percent.
- Attended the “Reopen Colorado Rally” alongside classified hate-group members.
- Touted dining at a restaurant that reopened against public health orders from the county and governor.
- Decried local public health guidance and pushed to fire county health experts over their orders.
Colorado Democratic Party spokesperson Eli Rosen:
“If Senator Gardner’s steadfast support for Trump wasn’t already enough for Coloradans to know he’s on the wrong side of science, now we know that Gardner has been fundraising for the Colorado GOP’s leading opponent of public health orders. Per usual, Senator Gardner is talking out of both sides of his mouth to Coloradans — even when lives are on the line.”