In New Ad, Gardner Says What Coloradans Already Know: “You and I May Not Always Agree”
Gardner is on the wrong side of the issues with Coloradans, from his attempts to repeal the ACA & gut protections for people with pre-existing conditions to his support for big polluters & selling out our public lands
Denver, CO – In Senator Cory Gardner’s new cringe-worthy ad, he says what the majority of Coloradans already know to be true: “you and I may not always agree.” Gardner is right — the majority of Coloradans don’t agree with Gardner and his out of touch views, with poll after poll showing his support underwater and voters believing he prioritizes his party bosses ahead of our state.
From Gardner’s unrelenting crusade to repeal the Affordable Care Act and gut protections for people with pre-existing conditions, to his pro-Big Polluter agenda to spew toxins into our air, land, and water, Gardner’s views are not in line with Coloradans.
Here is a list of just a few of the issues that Gardner is at odds with Coloradans on:
- Health Care & Pre-Existing Conditions: Gardner has crusaded against the Affordable Care Act and protections for people with pre-existing conditions, voting at least 13 times to repeal, gut, or defund the health care law without a real plan to protect the 2.4 million Coloradans with pre-existing conditions. Gardner has recklessly put the invaluable protections “in greater danger than ever” with his support for jamming through a SCOTUS nominee before the election. The Supreme Court is slated to decide the fate of Obamacare on November 10th.
- Environment & Public Lands: Gardner has been a rubber stamp for Trump’s toxic environmental agenda, earning a failing 11% lifetime score from the League of Conservation Voters and a spot on their notorious “Dirty Dozen” list, again. While the decade-in-the-making CORE Act to protect 400,000 acres of Colorado public land has widespread grassroots support, Gardner is “blocking” the bill’s passage in the Senate.
- Reproductive Rights: Despite Coloradans overwhelmingly supporting reproductive freedom, Gardner believes states should be able to ban abortion, has relentlessly attacked reproductive rights — voting for two anti-choice bills to ban abortion this year and supporting all of Trump’s rigid anti-choice judicial nominees — and now is poised to confirm another likely anti-choice justice who could overturn Roe v. Wade.
- Coronavirus Relief: While Coloradans are in desperate need of economic relief and affordable health care, Gardner failed to extend emergency unemployment aid — even after his infamous “unfathomable” stunt — and stands by Trump as he refuses to reopen Affordable Care Act enrollment as unemployment and uninsured rates skyrocket.
- Gun Safety: Coloradans support common-sense gun safety measures but Gardner has voted in lockstep with the NRA, opposes expanding background checks, and refused to support red-flag laws or take real action to protect Colorado communities from the gun violence epidemic.
While Gardner clogs the airwaves with misleading ads, Coloradans know that he actually stands with President Trump “100%” and puts wealthy corporate special interests ahead of Colorado.