Sine Die! Colorado Dems Laud Blue Majorities for Productive, Historic Session
Denver, CO — This evening, the Colorado general assembly adjourned sine die, bringing to a close one of the most consequential and productive legislative sessions in recent memory.
Amidst a global pandemic, Democrats in the State House and Senate took the lead on Colorado’s recovery on a number of fronts. This included:
- Major Transportation Funding
- A Historic Stimulus Package
- Rights for Agriculture Workers
- Increasing Access to Affordable Housing
- Tax Fairness for Lower Income Families and Small Businesses
- The Behavioral Health Recovery Act
- Additional Funding for the Office of Just Transition
- Lowering the Cost of Prescription Drugs
- Capping the Price of Insulin
Republicans, meanwhile, may be best known for dog whistling and racist remarks, infighting, and reported threats of violence against each other. That doesn’t even cover their legislative priorities of attacking voting rights and obstructing healthcare.
Morgan Carroll, Chair of the Colorado Democratic Party:
“In the face of a global pandemic, Democrats in the state legislature stepped up to lead Colorado’s recovery. While Republicans seemed more interested in obstruction tactics and stunts, Democrats took the lead on historic investments into Colorado’s present and future, passing consequential legislation that will support working families and small businesses all across the state.”