Three Debunked Lies We’ll Hear from Gardner at Tonight’s Final Debate
Cory Gardner is *STILL* peddling the same lies as he desperately tries to deceive Coloradans about his record of standing with Trump “100%”
Denver, CO – Senator Cory Gardner has spent his time on the debate stage desperately trying to deceive Coloradans about his toxic environmental record, unwavering support for President Trump, and crusade to rip away Coloradans’ health care — and we don’t see his tactics changing for the final debate.
Ahead of tonight’s final Colorado Senate debate, here are three lies that Gardner will continue to peddle:
- 🚨Gardner’s Pre-Existing Conditions Lie 🚨
Channel 7 Debate: “We will protect people with preexisting conditions, and that’s why I’ve introduced legislation to protect people with preexisting conditions.”
- Gardner is continuing to peddle a notorious sham bill that has been debunked by five independent fact checkers — even called “horse excrement” by 9News — and slammed by health care experts as a “political document” that would not actually protect people with pre-existing conditions.
- The bill is a desperate attempt to cover up his decade of crusading against the Affordable Care Act — voting at least 13 times to repeal, gut, or defund the health care law. He even boasts on his website that he still wants to repeal the health care law, says the ACA is “unconstitutional,” and is ramming through an anti-ACA Supreme Court justice just before the Court hears a case to overturn the law.
- 🚨Gardner’s Bipartisanship Lie🚨
Pueblo Chieftain Debate: “I’m the third most bipartisan member of the United States Senate.”
- The bogus measure Gardner uses to tout his bipartisanship does not include actual votes, his record of voting with the president 98% of the time and McConnell 95% of the time, and confirming 98% of Trump’s judicial picks. Gardner is ranked 2nd for senators whose voting records are most out-of-step with their states.
- As Trump said, Cory Gardner “has been with us 100%.”
- The Denver Post rescinded their 2014 endorsement, saying the endorsement was a “mistake” and that Gardner has become “precisely what we said in our endorsement he would not be: ‘a political time-server interested only in professional security.’” This year, the Denver Post endorsed John Hickenlooper, saying that Gardner “joined the enablers who turned a blind eye to Trump’s corruption.”
- 🚨Gardner’s Greenwashing Lies🚨
Telemundo Debate: “It’s very important for the future of the planet that we have a solution on climate change.”
- New audio reveals Gardner repeatedly refusing to say that humans cause climate change. Gardner has an abysmal environmental voting record of exacerbating climate change and standing with Trump as they rolled back protections for clean air and water.
- Gardner has earned an abysmal lifetime score of 11% from the League of Conservation Voters and earned a spot on their signature “Dirty Dozen” list by “supporting Trump and his anti-conservation agenda at seemingly every turn.” Despite Gardner’s desperate greenwashing ads — that use a fake environmental group — Coloradans overwhelmingly aren’t buying it and disapprove of Gardner’s handling of environmental issues.
- Gardner is blocking a decade-in-the-making collaborative bill to protect 400,000 acres of Colorado public lands.
Gardner can try to deceive Coloradans about his record, but we have the receipts showing his failure at CoryFailedColorado.com.